PuZo.org: Can Someone Please Explain Rapidgator Uploads To Me? - PuZo.org

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can Someone Please Explain Rapidgator Uploads To Me?

#1 User is offline   cassie 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Request DMCA Takedown Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:58 PM

I notice several Puzo posters posting several rapidgator files during any given day.

My question is: How fast are your upload speeds to rapidgator? How long does it take you to upload say a file of 1gig?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer. It's appreciated.

#2 User is offline   PuZo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Request DMCA Takedown Posted 17 July 2019 - 10:51 AM

It depends on your internet connection's speed, Rapidgator has very fast server which can accommodate any connection.
So if your upload speed is slow, please check your connection and you can share the results with us:
https://www.speedtest.net/

#3 User is offline   cassie 

• Pip

Request DMCA Takedown Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:32 PM

View PostPuZo, on 17 July 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

It depends on your internet connection's speed, Rapidgator has very fast server which can accommodate any connection.
So if your upload speed is slow, please check your connection and you can share the results with us:
https://www.speedtest.net/

Thank you for helping me. Here are my results and all I can say is they are absolutely PITIFUL!

Posted Image

Any suggestions on how I can improve my speeds?
And, actually I suspected connection speed has something to do with it. But, I still don't understand how some people can post many movies/tvshows a day. Are you telling me that some people have upload speeds like 100mps or close to it? How in the heck are they managing to have those speeds?

cassie

P.S. I have cable connection with Spectrum and wifi.

This post has been edited by cassie: 17 July 2019 - 02:10 PM
Reason for edit: ''

#4 User is offline   lawndog19 

• Top kAt
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Request DMCA Takedown Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:49 PM

well half the problem is spectrum I get slower speeds ever since the bought out brighthouse even though they say speeds of 100 mbps it never comes close also depends on what your computer can handle as far as speeds
PuZo's Moderator Team

-SGTUSMC .......... prasanna7287 -.......-lawndog19 .............jumper one

We are here to Help You

2 Admins
PuZo and jringo

#5 User is offline   twisted2382 

• A TWISTED VIP
  • PipPipPipPip

Request DMCA Takedown Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:58 PM

cassie

if you are on wifi it depends on several things. for one wifi signals only travel so far before they weaken, also it depends on what is around the modem i.e. walls, metals, and other type of barriers, also could be a problem with the modem itself, firmware updates, settings, age, etc.

with that being said, and the speed test results you showed, you are right it sucks especially your up speed and ping, your down speed is pretty good just about average for cable.

here are my suggestions for you

Move the modem up into the air like on a elevated plant stand so that there isnt anything around it that can block the signal.

ask a friend who knows modems to check the settings and firmware and maybe do some reconfiguring of the settings and firmware the get a stronger wifi signal

see if you can plugin directly into the modem with your computer using a LAN cable to see if that improves anything.

last resort order a new modem from your cable company.

twisted
<!--coloro:#FF0000--><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:5--><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Century Gothic--><!--/fonto-->STAYING AS DETSIWT AS I CAN<!--fontc--><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

#6 User is offline   cassie 

• Pip

Request DMCA Takedown Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:40 PM

View Postlawndog19, on 17 July 2019 - 06:49 PM, said:

well half the problem is spectrum I get slower speeds ever since the bought out brighthouse even though they say speeds of 100 mbps it never comes close also depends on what your computer can handle as far as speeds

Thanks for your reply. For the last month or so I have been shopping for a new computer so maybe that will help a little.

As for Spectrum they say "up to 100mps" so I guess the mere fact that they use the phrase "up to" should tell me something about their integrity. But still ... the speeds I'm experiencing are, as I said, absolutely PITIFUL! I have called a couple of times complaining, like in my dreams that does a wit of good. I get so mad at internet providers sometimes I could spit nickels. And I'm so sure they stay up late worrying about my opinions!

Ah well, eat a peach and relax.

cassie

This post has been edited by cassie: 18 July 2019 - 12:04 AM
Reason for edit: ''

#7 User is offline   cassie 

• Pip

Request DMCA Takedown Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:02 AM

View Posttwisted2382, on 17 July 2019 - 07:58 PM, said:

cassie

if you are on wifi it depends on several things. for one wifi signals only travel so far before they weaken, also it depends on what is around the modem i.e. walls, metals, and other type of barriers, also could be a problem with the modem itself, firmware updates, settings, age, etc.

with that being said, and the speed test results you showed, you are right it sucks especially your up speed and ping, your down speed is pretty good just about average for cable.

here are my suggestions for you

Move the modem up into the air like on a elevated plant stand so that there isnt anything around it that can block the signal.

ask a friend who knows modems to check the settings and firmware and maybe do some reconfiguring of the settings and firmware the get a stronger wifi signal

see if you can plugin directly into the modem with your computer using a LAN cable to see if that improves anything.

last resort order a new modem from your cable company.

twisted

Thank you for replying. I don't think I know anyone who has modem knowledge but then again sometimes people know things and you don't know they know until you ask!

And, I never considered (and, of course, they never offered) asking my cable company for a new modem. I'm going to do that. In fact I may ask them for a new computer to cover my pain and suffering :lol: (and in response they will ask me how many moons my planet has)

As for the position of my modem, I moved it earlier today after reading your reply to what I think is a better position and I have a plant stand holding a plant right now but the plant will survive somewhere else and I'm going to try that next.

Thanks again for you help.

cassie

#8 User is offline   twisted2382 

• A TWISTED VIP
  • PipPipPipPip

Request DMCA Takedown Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:34 PM

Can you give me make and model of your modem let me do some research into it

As far as find someone to help most highschool kids have the knowledge or maybe the local tech school and/or college might be a decent place to find someone just ask around in your neighborhood.

twisted
<!--coloro:#FF0000--><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:5--><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Century Gothic--><!--/fonto-->STAYING AS DETSIWT AS I CAN<!--fontc--><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic