PuZo.org: Some Of Us Just Fall: On Nature And Not Getting Better [Audiobook] - PuZo.org

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Some Of Us Just Fall: On Nature And Not Getting Better [Audiobook]

#1 User is offline   reseraxqwas 

• Addicted to PuZo's
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 November 2023 - 12:24 PM

Posted Image

Some of Us Just Fall: On Nature and Not Getting Better [Audiobook]

English | 06 July 2023 | ASIN: B0C4Q7NYRV | M4B@128 kbps | 11h 38m | 634 MB
Author and Narrator: Polly Atkin

'Long before I knew I was sick, I knew I was breakable...'

A raw and exquisite meditation on chronic illness and our place within the landscape, from prize-winning poet Polly Atkin.

After years of unexplained health problems, Polly Atkin's perception of her body was rendered fluid and disjointed. When she was finally diagnosed with two chronic conditions in her thirties, she began to piece together what had been happening to her - all the misdiagnoses, the fractures, the dislocations, the bone-crushing exhaustion, the not being believed.

Some of Us Just Fall combines memoir, pathography and nature writing to trace a fascinating journey through illness, a journey which led Polly to her current home in the Lake District, where outdoor swimming is purported to cure all, and where every day Polly uses the natural world to help tame her illness. Polly delves into the history of her two genetic conditions, uncovering how these illnesses were managed (or not) in times gone by and exploring how best to plan for her own future.

From medical misogyny and gaslighting, to the illusion of 'the nature cure', this essential, beautiful and deeply personal book examines how we deal with bodies that diverge from the norm, and why this urgently needs to change. This is not a book about getting better, this is a book about living better with illness.

DOWNLOAD

https://rapidgator.net/file/bc5f5dfafa10fe2eb59bd29a07084601/Some.of.Us.Just.Fall.m4b.html

https://uploadgig.com/file/download/e117a9bF4930c4C9/Some.of.Us.Just.Fall.m4b  

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic